Room Classes are types of rooms that are differentiated by price, amenity, bedding type, capacity or a combination thereof. Room classes are the defining characteristic of a reservation in innRoad and are an essential component to making reservations. Examples of room classes:
- Ocean View Queen
- City View King
- Presidential Suite
- Standard - Handicap accessible
To make a new room class, click New Room Class at the bottom of the Screen. To edit an existing room class, click the blue room class Name.
- Enter a Room Class Name - This is how the room class will display in the list, on the Guest statement, and on you booking engine. Your guests will see this information.
- Enter a room class abbreviation - This is how the room will appear on your tape chart. Guests will not see this information
- Enter a description - This is a comprehensive description of your room. it will appear on your website. Your reservations can click to read it to guests over the phone. It should be positive and good marketing.
- Adding a policy will be an addenda to the property policy if this room class is booked. Only add a policy if the room class has a different policy requirement.
- Pictures will be viewable on your website, and must be a .jpeg or .jpg file. The recommended size is 300x300 pixels.
- Add a picture by clicking edit.
- You will be able to browse for the image on your local machine
- Click Upload to send the picture
- Click keep it to retain the picture.
- Click save to save your changes
Once a room class Details are entered, click the grey Rooms tab to enter the Room information
- Enter the max adults - this is the maximum number of adults the room can hold
- Enter the Max Persons - This is the minimum number of adults plus the maximum number of children
- Enter the Quantity - This is the number of rooms in the class
- It is easy to add rooms to a class, but difficult to remove them. Be sure when entering the number of rooms for the class that the quantity is correct!
- Press tab after entering the quantity and the number of rooms you specified will appear for editing
- Assign a room number/name - The number/name is usually a unique number like 101, but could be a name like "Roosevelt suite"
- Assign a station ID - The Station ID is usually a phone extension if call accounting or a PBX is interfaced. It is not required
- Enter a sort order - Sort order defines the sequence of rooms on the tape chart, reports, and automatic assignments
- Click Publish to save and update changes on the booking engine.