To adjust a credit card charge, follow these steps depending on whether or not you have credit card integration.
Option 1: If you do not have payment processing integrated with innCenter
If you do not have payment processing integrated with innCenter (that is, you use a separate credit card machine) you can simply “void” that transaction, provided it has not gone through Night Audit. If it has, you will need to “roll back” the charge or insert a new adjusting entry. Click here to see How do I adjust [Rollback]Folio items which have been through Night Audit?’
Option 2: If you do have integrated credit card processing through innCenterFollow these steps if you do have integrated credit card processing through innCenter.
*Note: You also must have a role that has the “Night Audit” Special Function entitlement to adjust credit card charges.
- Find the transaction within the ‘Guest Folio’ tab in the ‘Reservation Detail’ screen
- To cancel a charge that has taken place the same day, click the transaction and select “Cancel” as an ‘Authorization Type’
- Click “Process” to complete the transaction
- If the transaction has passed or if a credit needs to be issued to the customer, select “Pay”
- Change the authorization type to “Credit”
- Enter the amount to be credited *Note: This should be a positive number.
(back to top)