You can perform these actions from any of the three tabs via the 'Stay Information' area at the top (see above image):
View/Update Reservation Status
The system will update the status field automatically to reflect certain types of changes. A new reservation in the process of being entered but has not yet been saved is given a status of “Pending”.
Once saved, the reservation status changes to “Reserved” or another status as determined by the settings on the Inventory > Distribution > Channels screen. You can use the dropdown menu for Reservation Status to manually change the reservation status to “On Hold”, “Reserved”, “Confirmed”, “Guaranteed”, “No Show”, or “Cancelled”.
Once checked-in, a guest can have a status of “in house” or “departed.” If for any reason this status needs to be changed, the user must use the rollback icon to change the status back to a previous state. This icon can be found next to ‘Reservation Status,’ if the user has appropriate entitlements.
Add a night
Just to the right of the Departure Date is an icon with a Plus sign. Click on this icon to easily add an extra night to the back-end of the reservation. The dates and room charges will be updated automatically.
On the right half of the screen, in the “Room(s)” field, is an icon that looks like a padlock. This function is used to lock in a reservation for a particular room. This icon works as a toggle: When it is clicked “on”, room changes for this reservation are disabled. When it is clicked “off”, room changes for the reservation are enabled.
Room Assignment (includes other Reservation Parameters)
Just to the right of the “Lock Room” icon is another icon with a series of three dots: "…" Click here to open the Room Assignment page where you can enter these details specific to the reservation:
a. Arrive – Use the calendar icon to select an arrival date.
b. Depart - Use the calendar icon to select a departure date. If you enter the number of nights, this field will fill in automatically.
c. Nights – Enter the number of nights for the reservation. . If you enter the Departure Date, this field will fill in automatically.
d. Adults/Children – Enter the number of adults and children for this reservation.
e. Property – Select the property if applicable.
f. Rate Plan – Select the rate plan applicable to this reservation, or select “Best Available” to view the best rates available, based on the other criteria entered. Initial rate plans available on the system are:
- Rack Rate
g. Enforce Rules – if you would like the system to apply any rules that have been specified in the Inventory – Rules section, click this box. If you would like to override all rules, leave this box unchecked.
h. Split Rooms – If this box is checked, you can make a separate room selection for each date. To make one room selection for the entire reservation period, leave this box unchecked.
i. Promo Code – Enter any applicable promo code here.
j. Require Rate – If this box is checked, the system will not display rooms as available if there is no rate associated with them. If this box is left unchecked, the system will display all available rooms, even if no rate is available for some of them.
When all selections have been made, click the “Search” button on the right side of the screen to display available rooms meeting these criteria in the lower section of the screen. Select the Room Class, then the Room. Click the “Select” button at the bottom of the screen to save and return to the previous
The following Functions buttons can be found at the bottom of every tab within the 'Reservation Detail' screen.
- Save: Commits the reservation, keeps you in the 'Reservation Detail' so you can make additional changes.
- Done: Commits the reservation, moves you away from the 'Reservation Detail' page.
- Copy: To make an additional reservation for the same guest, click on the ‘Copy’ button, then select the dates and room assignment by clicking on the Room Assignment icon.
- Check In: To check in a guest, click the Check In button. A copy of the Guest Reservation Form will appear in PDF format, which can be printed out. You then have the option to either Confirm or Cancel the check-in by clicking on one of the buttons near the top of the Guest Reservation Form screen. The reservation status will automatically change to “In-House”. Confirmed check-ins are displayed on the Tape Chart in green.
- Check Out: To check out a guest, click on the Check Out button. If there is a balance remaining on the account, the Payment Details screen will appear. If you cancel without entering a payment, the system will ask if you would like to continue to check the guest out without a payment. After the payment has been entered (or if there is no balance remaining, or if no payment is being made), a copy of the Guest Statement Form will appear in PDF format. You then have the option to either Confirm or Cancel the check-out by clicking on one of the buttons near the top of the Guest Statement screen. Confirmed check-outs are reflected by a reservation status of “Departed”, and are displayed on the Tape Chart in gray.
- Cancel: Cancels any changes made and refreshes to the last save.
Printer and Email icons
In the upper right corner of the screen are two icons. The Printer icon will open a menu with several report selections, such as a guest registration card, a guest statement, etc. Use the ‘Email’ icon to generate an email to the guest.