Save a Quote
Clicking the ‘quote’ button will open the ‘Reservation Detail’ screen. This screen will require that the following market and guest contact information has been input before the quote can be saved.
- Market Segment: What market segment does the guest represent?
- Referral: How did they hear about the property?
- Travel Agent: Select Travel Agent if being booked on behalf of a third party.
- Ext. Res#: Reservation number given by the travel agent or GDS system
Before entering the guest’s contact information, click the checkbox to generate a guest profile. This will save the guest’s contact information for future rate quotes or reservations.
- Guest's First and Last Name
- Contact's First and Last Name: will default to be same as the guest's name
- Phone Number: primary and alternate
- Fax Number: Important if quote is to be faxed to the guest
- Email: Critical for correspondence and future promotional campaigns
- Account: enter company or group name, or search for existing accounts
- Address (3 Lines)
- State/Country: Selecting US, Canada or UK as the country will require you to select the appropriate State, Province or County, respectively
Billing Information: If the billing name and address are the same as the contact information, check the ‘Same as Contact info’ checkbox. This will copy the information into the billing fields.
Notes: Notes are pieces of important information associated with a reservation or quote. They may be informational only, or may have an 'action required', in which case they are "Tasks" and available on the Task List (Guest Services > Task List).
There are many note types setup initially with the system, however, an Administrator may manage the list and create and/or remove note types. Some note types have special functionality, as follows:
- Guest Notes: get attached to a guest profile or a guest reservation and are copied to all future reservations associate with the guest profile. Guest Notes are visible to guests on their Guest Registration Form.
- Housekeeping Notes: automatically have an action required and default to be due on the day of arrival at a predefined time set on the property options screen. Housekeeping Notes are also visible on the Housekeeping screen and Task List.
- Room Move: are created by the system automatically when a guest occupies more than one room during a single stay. Room Move tasks by definition have an action required and require the action to be completed prior to affecting the room move. If the property benefits from on premise interfaces with devices such as PBX, Voice Mail, VOD and Key Lock systems, then the settings in these systems will be updated after the action on this task is completed.
When you are done click 'Save' to commit the quote, or click ‘Done’ to go back to the Reservation screen. After clicking on either button, the system will display the Quote number so that the guest can use it for future reference.
(back to top)