Prepare and Running Statements
Preparing and running Accounts Statements gives you the ability to prepare invoices, apply payments to accounts and distribute payments to accounts payable accounts. Statements can be generated for Corporate/Member Accounts, Travel Agent Accounts and Unit Owner Accounts.
Generating Travel Agent Commission Statements
- Check Travel Agent radio button
- Select Property
- Check box Suppress $0 Statements (optional) if you would like to eliminate blank statements
- Select New Period from the Period Date drop-down box
- Run Period
- A new window will appear containing the newly generated statement
- Print Statement for review
- Select Continue Later – this will gives you the opportunity to save the statement in “pending “ mode while you review the accuracy of the statement
- Select OK from the confirmation pop-up window
- Statement will indicate “In-progress” or “Pending”
Distributions to Travel Agent Commission Statements
The Account Distribution feature gives you the ability to automatically distribute (record) payments made to the respective Travel Agents. This process is normally performed immediately after running and reviewing the Travel Agent Commission Statements. To do this you would go to:
- Account Distributions
- Check the radio button next to Travel Agent (from Account Type)
- Select the statement period from the Period Date field (the statement normally shows as “Pending”)
- Click on GO
- The system will automatically distribute each amount with ending balances = 0
- Adjust Distribution Amount if the total payments do not match the distribution amounts.
- Click on Submit (at bottom of page)
Closing Statements after Distribution: Once the distribution amounts are posted finalize and close the statements.
- Select the Travel Agent radio button
- Select the respective statement period (this is normally indicated as “Pending “)
- Select View Period (at the bottom of screen) – Statement window will appear
- Click on the Confirm tab
- Select OK when the message window pops up
The statement period is now closed and will not allow additional postings or corrections. These Statements can now be mailed to the respective Travel Agents with the distributed checks.